Tollisan Immunol 500g
Complementary feed for pigeons
At the end of the 1990s, I was one of the first in Germany to recognize the advantages of high-quality animal and immunoglobulin-rich protein intake in homing pigeons. The term “animal protein” should have been written by me for the first time in pigeon racing. As the inventor of this modern protein supply, I always pointed out that the animals had to be fed an easily digestible feed without peas in the first few days.
The addition of tollyamine (high-dose amino acids) and the high-quality immunol allow the pigeons to regenerate quickly. Muscle building is completed in 48 hours and weight loss is quickly compensated. In the course of a week-long flight season, especially on difficult flights, pigeons treated in this way have a decisive performance advantage.
In the past, the Immunol mixture contained non-specific immunoglobulins IgG, which was obtained from colostrum (colostrum from cows). However, a new, modern variant of specific immunoglobulins IgY from egg powder prompted me to improve the mixture significantly.
The following were involved in this decision-making process:
- Reiner Mecking – Dostofarm
- Silke Berding – EW-Nutrition
- Günter Prange – AS pigeon breeder from Meppen
- Dr. Vincent Schroeder – Vet.Schroeder-Tollisan
- Johannes Jakobs – Vet. Schroeder-Tollisan
The new Immunol mixture contains valuable animal protein from egg powder, which is extra rich in immunoglobulins IgY. Egg powder is a valuable source of animal protein. It has a high biological value of 100% and has an ideal amino acid pattern. Egg immunoglobulins support healthy intestinal flora.
The avian antibodies in the egg powder, also called IgY (Immunogbulins from Yolk) are in the egg yolk. They have an important passive immune function and bind to pathogenic bacteria and viruses. After the formation of the antigen-antibody complexes, the pathogenic germs are excreted with the faeces.
The increasing knowledge of egg antibodies led to a new development of IgY technology. In addition to the unspecific antibodies described above, you can also produce special egg powder with specific IgY antibodies. Here, specific egg antibodies are produced by hyper-immunizing chickens through multiple vaccinations and then collecting the eggs to produce egg powder rich in antibodies. The approach is comparable to that of the stock-specific E. Coli vaccine we produce.
This new idea of specific antibodies IgY for racing pigeons was implemented with the new egg powder in the Immunol. Our antibody-rich egg powder contains specific carrier pigeon antibodies against:
These specific carrier pigeon antibodies IgY have a very high binding capacity and mainly work in the intestine. One also speaks of the so-called key-lock principle.
The new Immunol is therefore not only a high-quality animal protein mixture but also a very effective preventive mixture against the young animal disease. In addition, the lactose (Powerplay !!) harmful to homing pigeons was removed from our mixture. High levels of lactose sugar are a common cause of gastrointestinal problems or diarrhea.
The immunol also contains fructo-oligosaccharides, or F.O.S. called. They prevent the establishment of pathogenic bacteria on the intestinal wall. Benign intestinal bacteria use fructo-oligosaccharides as food. The only substances that meet all the criteria for an effective prebiotic are fructo-oligosaccharides.
The third ingredient in the Immunol is whey powder. Whey powder contains vitamins and minerals as well as an unsurpassed protein quality. Bodybuilders in particular use this high protein quality to offer the muscles the optimal power. But beware! The milk sugar (lactose) contained in the whey powder was removed from Immunol. This is very important because poultry cannot utilize large amounts of this type of sugar. Therefore, you should provide your pigeons with Immunol and not with bodybuilder powder (Powerplay).
How to use Tollisan Immunol:
1. On the return day (old and young travel), add WG-Ropa feed oil to the feed in the morning and evening and dry it with Tollisan Immunol. The duration of use of Tollisan Immunol depends on the severity of the flight (2 to 3 days). Since the animals have to detoxify, feed light feed with a lot of barley without legumes (beans, peas, sweet peas). Tollisan Immunol 100% replaces the missing protein in the feed. If you still give legumes, you will feed the pigeons. This is one of the biggest mistakes in travel time. The amino acids lysine and methionine contained in the Immunol also improve protein digestion and the performance mineral phosphorus further promotes energy metabolism. For those pigeons that are a few days late from the flight and have become emaciated, you can inject Immunol with water, inject into the crop (1 teaspoon of Immunol, 1/2 cup of lukewarm water, often).
2. In the breeding loft, give Immunol two days a week as described above. But only if the breeding pigeons feed young pigeons, not if they sit on eggs, otherwise they will become fat and fat.
3. Add immunol to the weaned offspring that are not yet traveling two days a week. This helps prevent the young animal disease. In addition, give these young animals the new Dosto-WG-RopAdeno every day until the start of the journey.
Products like Tollisan Immunol have become an integral part of modern racing pigeon racing. Even though immunoglobulins cannot always prevent the young animal disease, which is a complex subject, they do offer a great deal of prevention. In combination with the new Dosto-WG-RopAdeno, the preventive effect reaches almost 100 percent. However, you have to be aware of the protein concentration in order to achieve a sensible increase in shape towards the day of use.
Composition: whey powder (partially desugarized), egg powder (rich in immunoglobulin), fructo-oligosaccharides
Analytical components: Crude protein 25.6%, crude ash 11.8%, crude fat 7.9%, lysine 1.94%, crude fiber 1.6%, sodium 1%, methionine 0.49%